Qualitative Research and Technology
This 13 module (39 CE credit) course introduces nurses, scholars, and leaders to the theory and process of applying technology to qualitative nursing research: including software, virtual databases, proposal writing, online data collection and computer-assisted data analysis and dissemination. The learner will create a proposal and plan a research study as part of the assessment process. This course entails 39 instruction hours, equivalent in length to a standard 3 credit college course. This course is personalized, self-paced and taken entirely online in the privacy and comfort of your own home or office. You will receive one to one interaction with your instructor and your modes of assessment and study will be fine-tuned to suit your personal learning styles, preferences and needs.
Practice includes learning how to apply computer technology to every step of the qualitative research project from planning to analysis. The principles of confidentiality, privacy, narrative inquiry, interpretative work, discovery, context, multiple realities, phenomenology, and presence will be incorporated and applied to the qualitative research process.
This course is intended to provide the learner with the opportunity to:
- Understand and apply theory related to computer technology in qualitative research planning, data collection, data analysis, literature reviews, database formation, findings presentation and dissemination, as well as graphics, tables and chart development
- Explore the dynamics of planning qualitative research utilizing computer technology.
- Apply principles of confidentiality, privacy, narrative inquiry, interpretative work, discovery, context, multiple realities, phenomenology, and presence to the qualitative research process.
- Explore the process of selecting various qualitative research designs, including phenomenology, grounded theory, ethnography, participatory action, historical, and narrative research.
- Explore the use of online environments for qualitative data collection.
- Practice utilizing computer software to analyze qualitative nursing research data.
- Plan a qualitative nursing research project proposal
- Apply, engage in and assess the utility of this qualitative nursing research project proposal
Learners will be assessed using the following suggested methods (both self and instructor evaluation, customizable):
- Personal Journal and Weekly Worksheets: 20%
- Qualitative Nursing Research Proposal: 20%
- Qualitative Nursing Research Design: 35%
- Qualitative Nursing Research Proposal Analysis: 25%
Upon completion, learners will receive a Board Approved Certificate of Completion for a 39 hour course in digital format.
Tuition is only $199. Once registered in our secure commerce area you can select the course and pay using PayPal (credit card, bank withdrawal or e-check) or Money Order to register for the course. Please note, if you elect to pay using e-check or money order, there will be a waiting period before enrollment, until the payment has cleared. Once registered, you will receive the entry "key" to access the course within the course area. You can register at any time, since this is a 1 to 1 course and is done at your own pace. Click button to enroll in NRRS 100 now!
- MODULE ONE: How technologically enhanced Research fits into nursing practice and education
- MODULE TWO: Overview of the research process and where computers fit in
- MODULE THREE:Phenomenological research design
- MODULE FOUR: Introduction to QSR, N6 software
- MODULE FIVE: Grounded Theory research design
- MODULE SIX: Ethnography research design
- MODULE SEVEN: Historical research design
- MODULE EIGHT: Feminist research design
- MODULE NINE: Participatory Action research design
- MODULE TEN: Narrative Inquiry research design
- MODULE ELEVEN: Data collection & technology
- MODULE TWELVE: Data analysis & technology
- MODULE THIRTEEN: Polishing your proposal, funding options, budgets, collaboration.