This 13 module (39 CE credit) course introduces nursing educators, scholars, and leaders to basic theory, pedagogy, applications, dynamics and the process of teaching nursing in the virtual environment.
Practice includes learning how to utilize the online environment to teach a selected nursing topic. The principles of design, metaphor, color, usability, visual learning, graphics, navigation and interaction will be incorporated and applied to the design of a rudimentary learning environment.
This course is personalized, self-paced and taken entirely online in the privacy and comfort of your own home or office.Enroll in NRED 100 Download Brochure
This course is intended to provide the learner with the opportunity to:
- Understand and apply theory related to distance education, virtual pedagogy, web development and design, human-computer interfaces, and online aesthetics.
- Explore the dynamics of planning an online learning environment for nursing
- Apply principles of design, metaphor, color, usability, visual learning, graphics, navigation and interaction to the development of an online learning environment.
- Customize an online course management system to facilitate selected nursing education environment development.
- Practice online education development using selected computer applications.
- Explore the use of online learning environments for instruction, decision making, collaboration and networking
- Plan and create a fundamental online nursing education environment
- Apply, engage in and assess the utility of this online nursing education environment
Learners are assessed for their work on a variety of content-driven assignments including:
- Goal Setting
- Self Assessments
- Planning Tools
- Learning Space Development
Upon completion, learners will receive a Board Approved Certificate of Completion for 39 CE credits in digital format.
Tuition is only $199 USD. Once registered in our secure commerce area you can select the course and pay using PayPal (to process your credit card, bank withdrawal or e-check payment), Company/Institutional Check or Money Order to register for the course. Please note, if you elect to pay using e-check, check or money order, there will be a waiting period before enrollment, until the payment has cleared. Once registered, you will be manually enrolled to access the course within the learning management system, and your user name and password will be emailed to you. You can register at any time, since this is a 1 to 1 course and is done at your own pace. Click here to enroll in NRED 100 now!