Virtual Education in Nursing: Level 2
This 13 module (39 CE credit) course provides nursing educators, scholars, leaders, and students with advanced theory, pedagogy, applications, dynamics and process activities for teaching nursing in the virtual environment. The learner will design an advanced-level learning environment for nursing instruction as part of the assessment process. This course entails 39 instruction hours, equivalent in length to a standard 3 credit college course. This course is personalized, self-paced and taken entirely online in the privacy and comfort of your own home or office. You will receive one to one interaction with your instructor and your modes of assessment and study will be fine-tuned to suit your personal learning styles, preferences and needs.
Practice includes learning how to expertly utilize the online environment to teach a selected nursing topic. The principles
of critical reflection, collaborative activities, multimedia development, as well as virtual poll, quiz, test, and online project development will be incorporated and applied to the design of an advanced level learning environment. The learner will apply html and css coding, advanced graphic and multimedia manipulation,
advanced forum and chat activity techniques, and assessment activities within the design of a customized learning environment.
NOTE: It is recommended that the learner take NRED 100 before enrolling in this course, or enter the course with an intermediate level of skill in designing online learning environments.
This course is intended to provide the learner with the opportunity to:
- Understand and apply theory related to virtual education, virtual pedagogy, advanced web development and design, human-computer interfaces, collaborative interaction, and critical reflection.
- Explore the dynamics of planning an advanced online learning environment for nursing.
- Apply principles of critical reflection, collaborative activities, multimedia development, as well as virtual polls, quizzes, tests, and online project work to the development of an online learning environment.
- Customize an online course management system to facilitate selected nursing education environment development.
- Practice advanced online education development using selected computer applications
- Explore the use of online learning environments for instruction, critical reflection, decision making, collaborative projects, and networking
- Plan and create an advanced online nursing education environment
- Apply, engage in and assess the utility of this online nursing education environment
Learners will be assessed using the following suggested methods (both self and instructor evaluation, customizable):
- Short Answer Journals and Worksheets: 20%
- Online Nursing Education Environment Plan: 10%
- Online Nursing Education Environment Design: 35%
- Online Nursing Education Environment Analysis: 25%
Upon completion, learners will receive a Board Approved Certificate of Completion for a 39 hour course in digital format.
Tuition is only $199. Once registered in our secure commerce area you can select the course and pay using PayPal (to process your credit card, bank withdrawal or e-check payment), Company/Institutional Check or Money Order to register for the course. Please note, if you elect to pay using e-check, check or money order, there will be a waiting period before enrollment, until the payment has cleared. Once registered, you will be manually enrolled to access the course within the course area, and your user name and password will be emailed to you. You can register at any time, since this is a 1 to 1 course and is done at your own pace. Click button to enroll in NRED 200 now!
- MODULE ONE: Introduction to Virtual Pedagogy and the On-line Learning Environment
- MODULE TWO: The Semantics of Teaching with Course Management Systems: Part One
- MODULE THREE: The Semantics of Teaching with Course Management Systems: Part Two
- MODULE FOUR: The Application of Aesthetics and Interactivity to Virtual Nursing Education.
- MODULE FIVE: Human-Computer Interfaces, Embodiment within a Disembodied Environment.
- MODULE SIX: The development of Virtual Learning Communities of Practice in Nursing.
- MODULE SEVEN: Assessment of Theory and Skills in Virtual Nursing Education.
- MODULE EIGHT: Multimedia and Animation in Virtual Nursing Education.
- MODULE NINE: Collaborative Technologies, Networking and Cyberculture in Virtual Nursing
- MODULE TEN: Advanced Web design applied to Virtual Nursing Education.
- MODULE ELEVEN: Educating the Neophyte Nursing Informatician, Roles and Responsibilities
- MODULE TWELVE: Education in Nursing Informatics for Research and Project management.
- MODULE THIRTEEN: Planning for Continuing Competencies in Nursing Informatics; Life-long Adult Learning; Technological Evolution and Skills.