This 13 module (39 CE credit) course introduces self-employed nurses, nurses designing infrastructure sites, and health professionals wishing to provide health related web sites on the internet to the theory, application, ethics, and process of creating web sites for business, collaboration, e-health, and client education.
Practice includes learning how to plan and create web environments to provide health related information and/or showcase a nursing business.
This course is personalized, self-paced and taken entirely online in the privacy and comfort of your own home or office.Enroll in NRBU 100 Download Brochure
This course is intended to provide the learner with the opportunity to:
- Understand and apply theory related to computer-human interfaces, design and aesthetics, e-commerce, ethics, reliability and accuracy in the context of web environment creation.
- Explore the dynamics of planning health related web environments and/or nursing related commercial web sites.
- Apply principles of usability, readibility, design, aesthetics, metaphor, color, use of text and white space, navigation, ethics, and commerce to the web site development process
- Create a selected nursing commerce or health related web environment.
- Practice html, css, graphic manipulation, multimedia application, forms and commerce tools applications.
- Explore the use of online environments for instruction, content sharing, commerce, and provision of health related services.
- Plan and create an online nursing environment
- Apply, engage in and assess the utility of this online nursing education environment
Learners are assessed for their work on a variety of content-driven assignments including:
- Goal Setting
- Self Assessments
- Planning Tools
- Web Space Development
Upon completion, learners will receive a Board Approved Certificate of Completion for 39 CE credits in digital format.
Tuition is only $199 USD. Once registered in our secure commerce area you can select the course and pay using PayPal (to process your credit card, bank withdrawal or e-check payment), Company/Institutional Check or Money Order to register for the course. Please note, if you elect to pay using e-check, check or money order, there will be a waiting period before enrollment, until the payment has cleared. Once registered, you will be manually enrolled to access the course within the learning management system, and your user name and password will be emailed to you. You can register at any time, since this is a 1 to 1 course and is done at your own pace. Click here to enroll in NRBU 100 now!