Web Presence for Nursing
This 13 module (39 CE credit) course introduces self-employed nurses, nurses designing infrastructure sites, and health professionals wishing to provide health related web sites on the internet to the theory, application, ethics, and process of creating web sites for business, collaboration, e-health, and client education. The learner will create a personal web site as part of the assessment process. This course entails 39 instruction hours, equivalent in length to a standard 3 credit college course. This course is personalized, self-paced and taken entirely online in the privacy and comfort of your own home or office. You will receive one to one interaction with your instructor and your modes of assessment and study will be fine-tuned to suit your personal learning styles, preferences and needs.
Practice includes learning how to plan and create web environments to provide health related information and/or showcase a nursing business. The principles of usability, readibility, design, aesthetics, metaphor, color, use of text and white space, navigation, ethics, and commerce will be incorporated and applied to the web site development process.
This course is intended to provide the learner with the opportunity to:
- Understand and apply theory related to computer-human interfaces, design and aesthetics, e-commerce, ethics, reliability and accuracy in the context of web environment creation.
- Explore the dynamics of planning health related web environments and/or nursing related commercial web sites.
- Apply principles of usability, readibility, design, aesthetics, metaphor, color, use of text and white space, navigation, ethics, and commerce to the web site development process
- Create a selected nursing commerce or health related web environment.
- Practice html, css, graphic manipulation, multimedia application, forms and mailing list creation, shopping carts and catalog creation.
- Explore the use of online environments for instruction, content sharing, commerce, and provision of health related services.
- Plan and create an online nursing environment
- Apply, engage in and assess the utility of this online nursing environment
Learners will be assessed using the following suggested methods (both self and instructor evaluation, customizable):
- Short Answer Journals and Worksheets: 20%
- Nursing Web Environment Plan: 10%
- Nursing Web Environment Design: 35%
- Nursing Web Environment Analysis: 25%
Upon completion, learners will receive a Board Approved Certificate of Completion for a 39 hour course in digital format.
Tuition is only $199. Once registered in our secure commerce area you can select the course and pay using PayPal (to process your credit card, bank withdrawal or e-check payment), Company/Institutional Check or Money Order to register for the course. Please note, if you elect to pay using e-check, check or money order, there will be a waiting period before enrollment, until the payment has cleared. Once registered, you will be manually enrolled to access the course within the course area, and your user name and password will be emailed to you. You can register at any time, since this is a 1 to 1 course and is done at your own pace. Click button to enroll in NRBU 100 now!
- MODULE ONE: Introduction to html and basic web design principles
- MODULE TWO: The semantics of establishing a web presence in the virtual health sector
- MODULE THREE: Domain registration, web hosting, picking periphereal programs, support
- MODULE FOUR: Initial web layout, computer-human interface, conceptualizing your design
- MODULE FIVE: Usability, Design and Aesthetics
- MODULE SIX: Metaphors and Navigation
- MODULE SEVEN: Graphics and other Visuals
- MODULE EIGHT: Interactivity, planning forums, mailing lists, chat-rooms, contact forms
- MODULE NINE: Planning your content: articles, teaching, copy-writing, presentation
- MODULE TEN: Planning services: commerce, counseling, teaching, catalogs, brochures
- MODULE ELEVEN: Intermediate html, css coding
- MODULE TWELVE: Advanced html and integration of design and content
- MODULE THIRTEEN: Launching your site, search engine optimization, reciprocal linking, directories.