This 13 module (39 CE credit) course introduces nurses or other health professionals to nursing informatics theory, practice applications, self-assessment and skill development for the future.
The course includes learning how computer technology is used for clinical documentation, communication, discharge planning, client education, telehealth, eHealth, expert systems, professional development, networking and project management.
This course is personalized, self-paced and taken entirely online in the privacy and comfort of your own home or office.Enroll in NRPR 101 Download Brochure
This course is intended to provide the learner with the opportunity to:
- Understand and apply theory related to computer-human interfaces, ethics, confidentiality and privacy, caring, ergonomics and nursing informatics to nursing practice.
- Explore the dynamics of combining computer technology with nursing practice.
- Apply principles of data and information documentation to selected computer applications.
- Discuss the role of nurses in the evolution and implementation of eHealth, mHealth, decision support systems, and AI.
- Practice client education development using selected computer applications.
- Explore the use of computer technology for documentation, decision making, discharge planning, collaboration and networking.
- Create a personal nursing informatics competency plan.
- Analyze the role of nursing informaticians in system implementation, research, and project management.
Learners are assessed for their work on a variety of content-driven assignments including:
- Tip Lists
- Planning Tools
- Case Studies
Upon completion, learners will receive a Board Approved Certificate of Completion for 39 CE credits in digital format.
Tuition is only $199 USD. Once registered in our secure commerce area you can select the course and pay using PayPal (to process your credit card, bank withdrawal or e-check payment), Company/Institutional Check or Money Order to register for the course. Please note, if you elect to pay using e-check, check or money order, there will be a waiting period before enrollment, until the payment has cleared. Once registered, you will be manually enrolled to access the course within the learning management system, and your user name and password will be emailed to you. You can register at any time, since this is a 1 to 1 course and is done at your own pace. Click here to enroll in NRPR 101 now!