This 2 module (5 CE credit) course introduces nurses to human factors essential to effective application of nursing informatics in practice.
Topics focus on the human factors of ergonomics, human-computer interaction, usability, learnability, memorability, likeability, readability, asepsis, and aesthetics.
This course is self-paced, completely online, and is evaluated by two journal entries and a final test to gauge your understanding of the content.Enroll in NRPR 102 Download Brochure
This course is intended to provide the learner with the opportunity to:
- Examine key principles of ergonomics relevant to the use of technology and computers in nursing practice.
- Analyze theory and research related to human-computer interfaces in the context of nursing.
- Recognize the importance of asepsis and client safety when using computers and other technologies at the point of care, especially at the client bedside.
- Recognize the importance of learnability, memorability, likeability, readability, and aesthetics in the design of human-computer interfaces.
- Examine key principles of usability relevant to the use of technology and computers in nursing practice.
Learners are assessed for their work on a variety of content-driven assignments including:
- Two Journals
- A Multiple Choice Exam
Upon completion, learners will receive a Board Approved Certificate of Completion for 5 CE credits in digital format.
Tuition is only $33 USD. Once registered in our secure commerce area you can select the course and pay using PayPal (to process your credit card, bank withdrawal or e-check payment), Company/Institutional Check or Money Order to register for the course. Please note, if you elect to pay using e-check, check or money order, there will be a waiting period before enrollment, until the payment has cleared. Once registered, you will be manually enrolled to access the course within the learning management system, and your user name and password will be emailed to you. You can register at any time, since this is a 1 to 1 course and is done at your own pace. Click here to enroll in NRPR 102 now!