This 5 module (15 CE credit) course introduces the learner to the principles and theories of system design life cycles in the context of health technology and nursing informatics. System theory is a strong component of any nursing informatics program or certification examination.
The course is assessed using practical applications of principles and theory and an exploration of system design in health care settings. Throughout the course, nurses are encouraged to explore and assess various system design life cycle models to develop a wide lens understanding of theories and practicalities for practice settings.
This course is personalized, self-paced and taken entirely online in the privacy and comfort of your own home or office.Enroll in NRBU 102 Download Brochure
This course is intended to provide the learner with the opportunity to:
- Examine key principles of System Development Life Cycle theories and models.
- Analyze theory and research related to systems design in the context of clinical applications.
- Discuss how nurses can support system design to strengthen informatics projects.
- Apply principles of system design to improve own practice.
- Analyze how system design fits into nursing informatics theory and practice.
Learners are assessed for their work on a variety of content-driven assignments including:
- System Planning Activities
- System Analysis Activities
- System Design Activities
- System Testing Activities
- System Evaluation Activities
- System Support Activities
Upon completion, learners will receive a Board Approved Certificate of Completion for 15 CE credits in digital format.
Tuition is only $ 99 USD. Once registered in our secure commerce area you can select the course and pay using PayPal (to process your credit card, bank withdrawal or e-check payment), Company/Institutional Check or Money Order to register for the course. Please note, if you elect to pay using e-check, check or money order, there will be a waiting period before enrollment, until the payment has cleared. Once registered, you will be manually enrolled to access the course within the learning management system, and your user name and password will be emailed to you. You can register at any time, since this is a 1 to 1 course and is done at your own pace. Click here to enroll in NRBU 102 now!