Social Media for Nurses
This 5 module (15 CE credit) course introduces nurses to the amazing phenomena of social media in the context of nursing practice, leadership and professional development. The escalating use of social media in health care and society at large is explored, grounded in the principles and theory of Web 2.0 networking and creativity. The course is assessed using practical applications of principles and theory including the step-by-step creation and development of (or expansion of existing) nursing/professional accounts using platforms such as Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, and Youtube.
Practice includes learning how to create accounts and groups on Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, and Youtube and applying the principles of professionalism, privacy and confidentiality measures, presence, expertise, and the power of interaction.
This course is intended to provide the learner with the opportunity to:
- Examine key principles of social media, Web 2.0 and networking as part of nursing leadership and practice.
- Analyze theory and research related to social media in the context of nursing practice and professionalism.
- Apply the principles of social networking, privacy, and professionalism to the use of social media related to nursing.
- Explore the use of social media platforms including Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn and Youtube for nursing practice and professional networking.
Learners will be assessed using the following methods:
- Short Answer Journals and Glossaries: 15%
- Social Media Platform Account Development and Worksheets: 85%
Upon completion, learners will receive a Board Approved Certificate of Completion for a 15 hour course in digital format.
Tuition is only $99. Once registered in our secure commerce area you can select the course and pay using PayPal (to process your credit card, bank withdrawal or e-check payment), Company/Institutional Check or Money Order to register for the course. Please note, if you elect to pay using e-check, check or money order, there will be a waiting period before enrollment, until the payment has cleared. Once registered, you will be manually enrolled to access the course within the course area, and your user name and password will be emailed to you. You can register at any time, since this is a 1 to 1 course and is done at your own pace. Click button to enroll in NRBU 101 now!