Learning Together About First Nations Pedagogy
by © 2013 ~ June Kaminski, MSN PhD(c)
Presented at Canada Moodle Moot Vancouver 2013 Conference: From Coding to Networking: Building Moodle on a Human Scale on February 13th, 2013, Vancouver, BC. with Sylvia Currie
The First Nations Pedagogy project is conceived as a learning community for educators, elders, curriculum developers, educational leaders, and students to share resources, discuss practices, and support one another in creating the best possible educational experiences for our aboriginal learners. While the basic framework is in place, a key component requiring further thinking and development is a 'Learning Centre', a Moodle site to co-create, share, and implement learning activities that may be utilized by teachers and other educational leaders who work with aboriginal students. During this session we invite you to participate in the design of this Learning Centre.
Participate in this Project!
Visit the First Nations Pedagogy Online site and Participate at: http://firstnationspedagogy.ca
3-phase BC Campus-funded project lead by Nicola Valley Institute of Technology and Kwantlen Polytechnic University
- research best practices in developing and online learning for First Nations learners,
- develop a resource website to support
- support dialogue and sharing of ideas
- Collaborate to provide online content and learning strategies for First Nations students
- Provide an accessible, comprehensive resource that provides direction and technique with excellent Pedagogy