The P.A.T.C.H. Assessment Scale v. 3 – Pretest for Attitudes Toward Computers in Healthcare is a scale that I first developed in 1996 (version 1) that focuses on attitudes and feelings about using computers in the practice setting. I have offered an online version for several years now but this week, I have launched a brand new, easier to use interface for your enjoyment.
What are the changes?
- This new interface requires a simple registration (your name and email) instead of creating a whole account
- You can now save your work as you progress through the 50 item scale and return to complete it later if need be.
- You can download your score and results. These will also be emailed to you.
- You can also download a certificate that tells you what your score is – as well, this will be emailed to you.
- You can then instantly compare your score to the scale interpretation chart.
Why these changes?
This scale is used by countless faculty across the world who assign the scale to their nursing and health discipline students. These changes will assist these students to register and show proof that they completed the assignment.
The scale is also used by a growing number of graduate student and nurse researchers. Again, these changes will facilitate this work.
Finally, the changes will support any nurse who wants to explore their own attitudes towards using technology in their practice. I hope you ALL enjoy the new interface!