This 13 module course introduces nursing educators and students to the theory, application, technical skills and process of integrating nursing informatics into nursing education and practice. Learners will create lessons, portfolios, documents, assignments and learning plans which integrate nursing informatics theory and skills into both the content and the mode of learning (whether linguistic, visual, kinesthetic, spatial, and so on). This course entails 39 instruction hours, equivalent in length to a standard 3 credit college course. This course is personalized, self-paced and taken entirely online in the privacy and comfort of your own home or office. You will receive one to one interaction with your instructor and your modes of assessment and study will be fine-tuned to suit your personal learning styles, preferences and needs.
Practice includes learning how to customize the online environment to teach a selected nursing topic. The principles of learning styles, adult learning, virtual pedagogy, e-learning, lesson plans, portfolio development, document sharing, assignment and test development will be incorporated and applied to the customization of the online learning environment within a select course management system interface.
This course is intended to provide the learner with the opportunity to:
- Understand and apply theory related to virtual education, virtual pedagogy, learning styles, portfolio development, adult learning, lesson planning, human-computer interfaces, collaborative interaction, and critical reflection.
- Explore the dynamics of planning lessons, portfolio development, online teaching and assessment within a customized online learning environment for nursing.
- Apply principles of critical reflection, collaborative activities, online teaching and learning within a customized online learning environment.
- Customize an online course management system to facilitate selected nursing education environment development.
- Practice lesson planning, assignment planning and execution, application of learning styles to content development
- Explore the use of online learning environments for instruction, critical reflection, decision making, collaborative projects, and networking
- Plan and customize an online nursing education environment within a course management system
- Apply, engage in and assess the utility of this online nursing education environment
Learners are assessed for their work on a variety of content-driven assignments including:
- Goal Setting
- Self Assessments
- Planning Tools
- Learning Space Development
Upon completion, learners will receive a Certificate of Completion for a 39 hour course.
TOTAL TUITION: $199 USD which includes instruction, e-manual and worksheets. To register, click on the "Add to Cart" graphic to initiate payment.
Once registered, your instructor will manually enroll you in the course, then send you the login information by email - watch for this personal email (check your 'spam' folder if it does not arrive).
You can register at any time, since this is a 1 to 1 course and is done at your own pace.
Fee may be paid using PayPal (credit card or bank transfer), international money order or check - click on Add to cart to begin the process. To pay by check or money order, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
NRED 103: Nursing Informatics in the Classroom
- Brand: NILC
- Product Code: NRED103
- Reward Points: 10
- Availability: 100
- Price in reward points: 100
Tags: Nursing Informatics courses, online courses, nursing-informatics.com, nursing informatics, nursing practice, fundamentals of informatics, Computer literacy, computers, nursing, applications, tutorials, health promotion, patient education, web design, EHR,