This 5 module course (15 CE credits) introduces the learner to the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act of 1996 (HIPAA) and how it supports optimal care. Learners will further their knowledge about how HIPAA protects privacy and security of health data, provides protection against data breaches and supports client access to their own health information.
The course is assessed using practical applications of HIPAA rules and principles in nursing practice. Throughout the course, nurses are encouraged to explore how HIPAA provides tangible guidelines that enhance practice settings. This course is personalized, self-paced and taken entirely online in the privacy and comfort of your own home or office.
This course is intended to provide the learner with the opportunity to:
• Examine key rules and principles of HIPAA for privacy and security of client data.
• Discuss how HIPAA supports optimal healthcare.
• Explore the role of encryption, security and privacy in health technology.
• Analyze the role of nurses to reduce human error when using health technology.
• Explore HIPAA risk management, contingency, and compliance plans in healthcare.
• Describe how HIPAA violations are evaluated for non-compliance.
• Recognize the importance of client rights in the context of the HIPAA Privacy Rule.
Module 1: The Evolution of HIPAA
Module 2: HIPAA Rules and Regulations
Module 3: HIPAA Compliance for Health Organizations
Module 4: HIPAA Compliance for Health Professionals
Module 5: HIPAA and Client data Ownership and Rights
Credits: 15 CE hours
Length: 5 modules
NRBU 104: Harnessing HIPAA for Optimal Care
- Brand: NILC
- Product Code: NRBU104
- Availability: In Stock
- Price in reward points: 60
Tags: HIPAA, Nursing Informatics, CE courses