This 13 module course introduces nursing educators to basic theory, pedagogy, applications, dynamics and the process of teaching nursing in the virtual environment. The learner will design a fundamental learning environment for nursing instruction as part of the assessment process. This course entails 39 instruction hours, equivalent in length to a standard 3 credit college course. This course is personalized, self-paced and taken entirely online in the privacy and comfort of your own home or office. You will receive one to one interaction with your instructor and your modes of assessment and study will be fine-tuned to suit your personal learning styles, preferences and needs.
Practice includes learning how to utilize the online environment to teach a selected nursing topic. The principles of design, metaphor, color, usability, visual learning, graphics, navigation and interaction will be incorporated and applied to the design of a rudimentary learning environment. The learner will learn fundamental html coding, basic graphic manipulation, forum and chat moderation and set-up, and how to work within and customize a course management system.
This course is intended to provide the learner with the opportunity to:
- Understand and apply theory related to distance education, virtual pedagogy, web development and design, human-computer interfaces, and online aesthetics.
- Explore the dynamics of planning an online learning environment for nursing.
- Apply principles of design, metaphor, color, usability, visual learning, graphics, navigation and interaction to the development of an online learning environment.
- Customize an online course management system to facilitate selected nursing education environment development.
- Practice online education development using selected computer applications
- Explore the use of online learning environments for instruction, decision making, collaboration and networking
- Plan and create a fundamental online nursing education environment
- Apply, engage in and assess the utility of this online nursing education environment
Learners are assessed for their work on a variety of content-driven assignments including:
- Goal Setting
- Self Assessments
- Planning Tools
- Learning Space Development
Upon completion, learners will receive a Certificate of Completion for a 39 hour course.
TOTAL TUITION: $199 USD which includes instruction, e-manual and worksheets. To register, click on the "Add to Cart" graphic to initiate payment.
Once registered, you will be manually enrolled to access the course within the learning management system, and your user name and password will be emailed to you.
You can register at any time, since this is a 1 to 1 course and is done at your own pace.
Once registered, your instructor will manually enroll you in the course, then send you the login information by email - watch for this personal email (check your 'spam' folder if it does not arrive).
Fee may be paid using PayPal (credit card or bank transfer), international money order or check - click on Add to cart to begin the process. To pay by check or money order, contact us at email@example.com.
NRED 100: Virtual Education in Nursing - Basic Level
- Brand: NILC
- Product Code: NRED100
- Reward Points: 10
- Availability: In Stock
- Price in reward points: 100
Tags: Nursing Informatics courses, online courses, nursing-informatics.com, nursing informatics, nursing practice, fundamentals of informatics, Computer literacy, computers, nursing, applications, tutorials, health promotion, patient education, web design, EHR,