This 13 module course introduces the practicing nurse to nursing informatics theory, practice applications, self-assessment and skill development for the future. This course entails 39 instruction hours, equivalent in length to a standard 3 credit college course. This course is personalized, self-paced and taken entirely online in the privacy and comfort of your own home or office.
This course is intended to provide the learner with the opportunity to:
- Understand and apply theory related to computer-human interfaces, ethics, confidentiality and privacy, caring, ergonomics and nursing informatics to nursing practice.
- Explore the dynamics of combining computer technology with nursing practice
- Apply principles of data and information documentation to selected computer applications
- Customize informatics competency development and professional development planning to meet personal preferences and learning needs
- Practice client education development using selected computer applications
- Explore the use of computer technology for documentation, decision making, collaboration and networking
- Create a personal nursing informatics competency plan
- Apply, engage in and assess the utility of this personalized competency plan
Learners will be assessed using the following methods:
- Tip Lists
- Planning Tools
- Case Studies
Upon completion, learners will receive a Certificate of Completion for a 39 hour course.
TOTAL TUITION: $199 USD which includes instruction and materials. To register, click on the "Add to Cart" graphic to initiate payment.
Once registered, your instructor will manually enroll you in the course, then send you the login information by email - watch for this personal email (check your 'spam' folder if it does not arrive).
You can register at any time, since this is a 1 to 1 course and is done at your own pace.
Fee may be paid using PayPal (credit card or bank transfer), international money order or check - click on Add to cart to begin the process. To pay by check or money order, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
NRPR 101 Nursing Informatics Fundamentals
- Brand: NILC
- Product Code: NRPR101
- Reward Points: 10
- Availability: 29
- Price in reward points: 100