This 13 module course provides nursing educators with advanced theory, pedagogy, applications, dynamics and process activities for teaching nursing in the virtual environment. The learner will design an advanced-level learning environment for nursing instruction as part of the assessment process. This course entails 39 instruction hours, equivalent in length to a standard 3 credit college course. This course is personalized, self-paced and taken entirely online in the privacy and comfort of your own home or office. You will receive one to one interaction with your instructor and your modes of assessment and study will be fine-tuned to suit your personal learning styles, preferences and needs.
Practice includes learning how to expertly utilize the online environment to teach a selected nursing topic. The principles of critical reflection, collaborative activities, multimedia development, as well as virtual poll, quiz, test, and online project development will be incorporated and applied to the design of an advanced level learning environment. The learner will apply html and css coding, advanced graphic and multimedia manipulation, advanced forum and chat activity techniques, and assessment activities within the design of a customized learning environment.
NOTE: It is recommended that the learner take NRED 100 before enrolling in this course, or enter the course with an intermediate level of skill in designing online learning environments.
This course is intended to provide the learner with the opportunity to:
- Understand and apply theory related to virtual education, virtual pedagogy, advanced web development and design, human-computer interfaces, collaborative interaction, and critical reflection.
- Explore the dynamics of planning an advanced online learning environment for nursing.
- Apply principles of critical reflection, collaborative activities, multimedia development, as well as virtual polls, quizzes, tests, and online project work to the development of an online learning environment.
- Customize an online course management system to facilitate selected nursing education environment development.
- Practice advanced online education development using selected computer applications
- Explore the use of online learning environments for instruction, critical reflection, decision making, collaborative projects, and networking
- Plan and create an advanced online nursing education environment
- Apply, engage in and assess the utility of this online nursing education environment
Learners are assessed for their work on a variety of content-driven assignments including:
- Goal Setting
- Self Assessments
- Planning Tools
- Learning Space Development
Upon completion, learners will receive a Certificate of Completion for a 39 hour course.
TOTAL TUITION: $199 USD which includes instruction, e-manual and worksheets. To register, click on the "Add to Cart" graphic to initiate payment.
Once registered, your instructor will manually enroll you in the course, then send you the login information by email - watch for this personal email (check your 'spam' folder if it does not arrive).
You can register at any time, since this is a 1 to 1 course and is done at your own pace.
Fee may be paid using PayPal (credit card or bank transfer), international money order or check - click on Add to cart to begin the process. To pay by check or money order, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
NRED 200: Virtual Education in Nursing - Level 2
- Brand: NILC
- Product Code: NRED200
- Reward Points: 10
- Availability: 99
- Price in reward points: 100
Tags: Nursing Informatics courses, online courses, nursing-informatics.com, nursing informatics, nursing practice, fundamentals of informatics, Computer literacy, computers, nursing, applications, tutorials, health promotion, patient education, web design, EHR,