Jump to navigation
Setting Up the Interview Environment
It is time to ensure that the data collection (interview) environment is conducive to quality data gathering.
Steps to ensure this:
1. Schedule interviews at a time of day that suits the participant.
2. Allow 2 hours for each interview (will probably take less time, but give time to avoid a sense of rushing).
3. Ensure privacy (my office is quiet with no traffic).
4. Provide nourishment (tea, juice, snack) to aid in supporting a relaxed dialogue.
5. Ensure MAudio recorder has charged battery, mic works well, experiment with best placement BEFORE interview).
6. Ask questions in similar manner with each participant, but ensure each one feels comfortable.